Our mission is to offer support to people living with HIV/AIDS and their families, to promote family stability in coping with the unique challenges of living with HIV/AIDS, to educate the community and prevent the transmission of HIV, and to reduce the stigma associated with HIV and AIDS.
INFECTIOUS DISEASE CLINICAL PRACTICES
We offer two convenient full service infectious disease clinical practices located in Hazleton, PA and Tunkhannock, PA. Each clinic is staffed by Dr. Militza Suarez-Favetta (Board Certified – Infectious Disease), a registered nurse, a phlebotomist, and other medical professionals. In partnership with Quest Diagnostics, we have an onsite laboratory at each location for the completion of routine bloodwork to reduce the need for offsite testing.
Dr. Suarez-Favetta is accepting new patients.
We accept most insurances including Medicare, Medicaid, Amerihealth Northeast, Aetna, Geisinger Health Plans, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and others.
For the uninsured, we can work closely with you to assist with obtaining insurance or other patient assistance programs.
PLEASE NOTE – A PERSON DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ENROLLED IN OUR RYAN WHITE SERVICES TO BE SEEN IN ONE OF OUR INFECTIOUS DISEASE CLINICAL PRACTICE.
MEDICAL CASE MANAGEMENT AND RYAN WHITE PART B PROGRAMS
We can provide the following services for any individual impacted with HIV/AIDS. If you are aware of anyone or work with someone who has HIV – we can assist with these services:
- Medical case management services
- Linkage to medical care, medical adherence, and obtaining antiretroviral medication
- Referrals to oral health care/dentists and assisting with dental costs
- Provide mental health, and substance abuse treatment with onsite Licensed Clinical Social Workers or provide referrals to other social service agencies
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Assistance with emergency and crisis money for housing, utilities, prescriptions, health insurance co-pays and deductibles
- Health insurance premium cost coverage including medical bills associated with HIV care
- Food pantry and nutritional supplements
- Medication assistance/home delivery
SECONDARY PREVENTION AND EDUCATION
- We offer the following FREE services as part of our prevention efforts:
- FREE condom distribution to any member of the community
- FREE On Site training to community partners, agencies, educational institutions regarding HIV and STI transmission and prevention.
- FREE outreach testing for high risk populations for HIV and STI’s with our contract guidelines or with approval of the PA Department of Health
- FREE treatment for STI’s and Prep services at our Tunkhannock location.